Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a passionate web developer that loves designing, developing, and testing all the different layers of the system he or she is working on. You should have a special care for code maintainability and continuous improvement of software that has already been delivered. We need your help to expand and evolve our platform for researchers, to make it more flexible, open, and robust. You'll see your baby grow, face more and more complex problems, and become a powerful system, that can cater to the ever-changing needs of our customers (some of them are listed here: https://www.empatica.com/about#clients).
Being a full-stack web developer at Empatica means being committed to quality and performance in all the software you write, no matter whether it will be used only by your colleagues, or by all our customers: your work will make people happy, and will help push research forward in many different fields!
You will be involved in:
- You will design and develop new APIs, that will be used by researchers to access and process huge amounts of data, and by developers to implement the most innovative apps based on our platform
- You will work closely with Empatica’s design team to create complex interactive dashboards, to present physiological signals and the analyses run on them in a captivating and user-friendly way, reinventing how data analytics should be done
- You will maintain and refactor existing components, introducing your favorite new technologies, to make sure the system always runs blazingly fast, with as few as possible delays, even when many computation-intensive task are requested
- You will integrate your projects with mobile applications and data streams coming from wearable devices, building tools that will make these interactions easier to create and support
- You will work side by side with all the teams at Empatica, interacting with people from different backgrounds, and using your skills to support our clients’ scientific research and Empatica’s operations
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has at least 2 years of experience
- Is able to deal with fast changing schedule and priorities
- Has experience developing responsive web applications, that work across multiple devices and web browsers
- Has a good knowledge of web servers and databases
- Has extensive understanding of the full web technology stack, and has experience working at different levels of it
- Has experience maintaining and refactoring complex web applications
- Knows how to test backend and frontend systems at the unit level and end to end
- Can develop backend applications, preferably in Go
- Is familiar with agile methodologies
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun, and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!