As an iOS Developer, you will work with the mobile team at Empatica to create apps that run flawlessly on the iOS platform. You'll interface with Empatica’s state-of-the-art biometric wearable devices; technology at the forefront of the industry. Your work will have the potential to improve the lives of millions of people. If this should not be enough and you prefer platform wars, come and show us why iOS is your best choice. After all, it's only a matter of skills: Yours!
You will be involved with
- Improving and maintaining Empatica's mobile applications
- Making sure our applications are rock solid
- Exploring new technologies in the biomedical space and how to support cutting edge researchers around the world
- Writing clean solid tests and ensuring our code base is of the highest calibre
- Collaborating with designers to provide the best experience possible for our users
- Collaborating with developers to build up-to-date SDKs
- Working closely with all of the teams within Empatica to solve complex problems and deliver an exceptional product
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. You will face new challenges daily and you will learn, develop and grow on all levels to literally change the lives of thousands of people.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Accepts and understands the challenges of working with a technology that can impact (and hopefully save) the lives of people.
- Has experience with native iOS application development and objective-C or Swift.
- Excels in writing modular, easy to understand code that follows good design patterns.
- Has experience in collaborating on software projects.
- Has solid knowledge of software development, especially in an agile environment.
- Is experienced in developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS applications (point us to your work in the App Store).
- Is passionate about great UX and focuses on strong user-centric and responsive development
- Is experienced in developing testing suites, namely Appium, for iOS applications
The Ideal Candidate For Empatica:
- Is a reliable and an effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun, and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by the customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Friendly and passionate colleagues
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
Empatica is an affective computing company, focused on human data analytics. We develop groundbreaking wearable devices with medical quality sensing. Our technology is comprised of a set; wristband and software running on smartphone and desktop computing, plus real time syncing with a cloud computing service.