Quality Assurance Engineer
As a QA Engineer, you will work with all the teams at Empatica to make sure our products and systems are super robust, high-quality, and reliable. Thanks to you, testing and quality assurance will be a joy, not a chore!
You will be involved in:
- Helping us grow a stellar QA team and spreading our passion for quality
- Expanding our test coverage and building better tools for test automation
- Planning, designing and implementing release and testing plans
- Defining integration tests and assessing the quality level of new releases
- Scaling quality testing across Empatica's teams
- Coaching developers on best practices to improve quality
- Building new tools to support the development process
- Expanding our Continuous Integration tools
- Improving our monitoring systems
- Evaluating bug reports and reproducing reported issues
- Performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Making sure our documentation is relevant and easy to understand
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Experience in quality assurance or equivalent
- Deep understanding of the different phases of software development and of the right tools for each phase
- Solid knowledge of software testing, especially in an agile environment. Knowledge of hardware testing is a plus.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Espresso, XCTest, Appium / Selenium, Cucumber, Karma
- Good understanding on how to setup, improve and maintain Continuous Integration Environments, especially Jenkins
- Knowledge of Git and Amazon Web Services is a huge plus
- Prior experience working on mobile app testing or firmware testing is desirable
- Experience with embedded devices is a great plus
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...