We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
“When searching for interesting job opportunities, I want to find a job that will improve people's lives, challenge me every day, and give me meaningful relationships, so I can invest the largest part of my waking hours in a meaningful endeavor growing my skills.”
Does this quote resonate with you? Continue reading...
This role requires an outstanding and empathetic communicator who is customer-centric, extremely organized and thrives on solving difficult problems in an an ever-changing or ambiguous environment. Most of all, you look forward to rolling up your sleeves each day, and inspiring others with energy and passion for our products.
You will work with medical devices in a highly regulated industry, and deal with users that are not the typical tech-savvy early adopters. To add some spice to the challenge, we are a full-stack company. All of the mechanical, electronic, software, embedded software, data science, research, logistics, and marketing is under our control. You'll need to think holistically to master complexity.
You will turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans and you'll do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration. You'll walk in the customer's shoes while compiling and assessing user stories, but you'll also analyze sets of data and obsessively formulate crisp visions for a better, faster, and more robust product.
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
Your contribution to the mission
- Serving as the voice of the customer within your team and representing your team to stakeholders.
- Setting and prioritizing features, building consensus, coordinating product schedules and making tradeoffs with design, engineering and QA to ship high-quality products.
- Discussing technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and meeting deadlines.
- Analyzing feedback, whether from the customer happiness and sales teams, or from analytics, beta programs, and surveys, to gather user feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Running agile ceremonies, prioritizing and grooming backlog to ensure your team is working efficiently and on the right items.
The ideal candidate for this role
- Have 3+ years of experience as a product owner with a proven track record of delivering complex software products at scale, in challenging fast-paced environments.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills: organized, clear, and concise (English native is a plus).
- Can manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed and organized way.
- Have a natural ability to make stuff happen around you, being able to lead without authority (please mention examples in your cover letter).
- Have strong awareness of current technologies, trends, products, tools, and design standards.
- Have experience in leading cross-cultural diverse teams where different communications styles is a plus.
The ideal candidate for Empatica
- Is a very quick learner
- Is a very quick learner (it’s not a typo)
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...