“When searching for interesting job opportunities, I want to find a job that will improve people's lives, challenge me every day, and give me meaningful relationships, so I can invest the largest part of my waking hours in a meaningful endeavor growing my skills.”
Does this quote resonate with you? Continue reading...
This role requires an outstanding and empathetic communicator who is customer-centric, extremely organized and thrives on solving difficult problems in an an ever-changing or ambiguous environment. Most of all, you look forward to rolling up your sleeves each day, and inspiring others with energy and passion for our products.
You will work with medical devices in a highly regulated industry, and deal with users that are not the typical tech-savvy early adopters. To add some spice to the challenge, we are a full-stack company. All of the mechanical, electronic, software, embedded software, data science, research, logistics, and marketing is under our control. You'll need to think holistically to master complexity.
You will turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans and you'll do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration. You'll walk in the customer's shoes while compiling and assessing user stories, but you'll also analyze sets of data and obsessively formulate crisp visions for a better, faster, and more robust product.
You will be involved in:
- Serving as the voice of the customer within your team and representing your team to stakeholders.
- Setting and prioritizing features, building consensus, coordinating product schedules and making tradeoffs with design, engineering and QA to ship high-quality products.
- Discussing technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and meeting deadlines.
- Analyzing feedback, whether from the customer happiness and sales teams, or from analytics, beta programs, and surveys, to gather user feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Running agile ceremonies, prioritizing and grooming backlog to ensure your team is working efficiently and on the right items.
Why work at Empatica
You’ll have a real opportunity to improve and save lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and pushing to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a product owner with a proven track record of delivering complex software products at scale, in challenging fast-paced environments.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills: organized, clear, and concise (English native is a plus).
- Can manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed and organized way.
- Have a natural ability to make stuff happen around you, being able to lead without authority (please mention examples in your cover letter).
- Have strong awareness of current technologies, trends, products, tools, and design standards.
- Have experience in leading cross-cultural diverse teams where different communications styles is a plus.
You are an ideal candidate for Empatica if you:
- Know that life is too short to do petty things. You feel an obligation to work on something that will leave the world in a better place.
- Discuss openly face to face: good ideas are more important than authority.
- Try to question dogma and the status quo: you prefer merit and objectivity over authority.
- Still operate optimally under intense pressure.
- Don’t give up a challenge, and persevere to overcome setbacks. You are focused on action and results.
- Think first about the success of our customers and team before your own interests.
- Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free Lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...