We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
Empatica is always looking for exceptionally talented people.
It would be great if you could write a few sentences to impress and convince us that you're the right person. For instance, you could:
- Describe your contributions to a project you were involved in, to ensure high-quality results
- Discuss one or more issues that you successfully tackled during your day to day job
Impress us with a great application!
You can write your own requirements, but keep in mind what we will value:
- Fun and easy to work with
- Focus on quality and excellence
- Passion and motivation about Empatica's mission
- Able to work as a team member or by yourself
- Excellent English proficiency
- Must be tech-savvy
- Must be a very quick learner
- Competitive salaries
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Yoga classes - we care about your health!
- Lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...