EmpaticaWe're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our growing Operations team in our Milan HQ. If you have a passion for numbers and creative thinking, if you like to analyze financial activities and love to give guidance to upper management on future financial plans, read on.
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team. If you're not afraid to share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving you might just be the ideal candidate!
At Empatica, we create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
Your contribution to the mission
- Monitoring day-to-day financial operations.
- Financial planning: biweekly cashflow projections and controlling long term cash flow for the company.
- Strategy suggestions for optimizing cash flow and revenues.
- Scenario analysis on different strategies.
- Hands on management of the yearly budget.
- Market research / financial analysis on specific special projects, and pricing around new products.
- Supporting preparation of annual financial statements.
- Prepare financial reports for board of directors, investors and executives.
- Interacting on the above activities directly with the CEO and the GM, allowing you a front row seat on the workings of a fast growing company.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a Master's Degree in Finance or Economics.
- Has at least 2-3 years of experience in Finance. Experience in IT firms is an advantage.
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated).
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient user of excel and other finance software.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Is comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Is tech savvy and has the ability to use new tools and platforms.
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a very quick learner
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies (if you deserve them!)
- Much more...