This Hiring Offer (this “Offer”) is made as of October 24, 2018, (the “Effective Date”), by and between Empatica Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Empatica”), and The Best Available Candidate…
Ok ok joking :)
We’re looking for an excellent Attorney to provide legal support to our product and management teams.
Empatica is a tight-knit team of passionate individuals coming from diverse backgrounds, to create meaningful technology that improves lives. We design and develop the world's smallest and most accurate wearable devices for medical research and epilepsy management. Our work is demanding, stimulating, and fast-paced.
You will provide strategic support in translating business and product requirements into clear agreements with our clients and partners, as well as providing legal guidance on product development, regulatory compliance, privacy, licensing, and assist in resolving issues. You will also coordinate our existing external legal partners for corporate matters and IP.
We want someone that is logical and analytical, but also creative as they’ll build processes that both manage risk and promote growth.
You will be involved in:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements and transactions, both independently and together with our external legal advisors
- Coordinating all our external legal advisors
- Analyzing and interpreting contracts and addressing risk factors
- Handling legal disputes and inquiries
- Connecting business requirements and needs into legal strategy and work
The ideal candidate:
- Has a BA and JD and is authorized to practice law in the US
- Has 3-5 years experience as an associate at a highly ranked law firm
- Has a background and experience in corporate M&A matters
- Is able to draw reasonable, logical conclusions from limited information
- Is able to make complex issues appear simple
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Is a hard-worker
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is outstanding in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- We're a full stack company on a pioneering mission to create new data, hardware, and software to save lives!
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at one of our beautiful rooftop HQs, in Milan or Boston
- Organic fresh fruits and free cookies, you'll deserve them
- Massages every week, you'll need them
- Much more...