Marketing Manager (Research)
We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who will implement effective business and marketing plans to enhance Empatica’s brand and generate growth in the market. This is not the average sales-driven Marketing role. Your efforts and capabilities will be applied to a job that truly contributes to improving people’s lives. Our leading consumer product, the Embrace Watch, is able to give freedom and peace of mind to both the epilepsy patients and their caregivers. It will be through your talent in marketing this product and efficiently collaborating with the rest of the Team that the device will rise as game-changer within the epilepsy community. This will ultimately result in saving millions of lives by preventing cases of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP).
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
Your contribution to the mission
- Developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies - covering advertising, events, digital marketing, and PR. The focus will be on our research products, both Embrace and E4.
- Delivering communication strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence.
- Managing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Overseeing junior colleagues and ensuring their objectives are reached.
- Working closely with the Product Management team to produce marketing materials and programs.
- Undertaking continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
The ideal candidate for this role
- Is a perfectly fluent English speaker.
- Has at least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is an analytical thinker with a customer-centric mindset focused on fostering a long-lasting relationship with customers and enhancing their experience.
- Has the ability to prioritize, multitask and focus while adhering to strict project timelines and budgets.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Is experienced in managing multiple projects at a time.
- Is up to speed with current marketing techniques and best practices.
- Is committed to working in cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate for Empatica
- Is a very quick learner
- Is a very quick learner (it’s not a typo)
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Boston HQ. We also have an office in Milan, plus an amazing beach summer retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...