Marketing Manager (Research)
We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who will implement effective business and marketing plans to enhance Empatica’s brand and generate growth in the market. This is not the average sales-driven Marketing role. Your efforts and capabilities will be applied to a job that truly contributes to improving people’s lives. Our leading consumer product, the Embrace Watch, is able to give freedom and peace of mind to both the epilepsy patients and their caregivers. It will be through your talent in marketing this product and efficiently collaborating with the rest of the Team that the device will rise as game-changer within the epilepsy community. This will ultimately result in saving millions of lives by preventing cases of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP).
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
You will be involved in:
- Developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies - covering advertising, events, digital marketing, and PR. The focus will be on our research products, both Embrace and E4.
- Delivering communication strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence.
- Managing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Overseeing junior colleagues and ensuring their objectives are reached.
- Working closely with the Product Management team to produce marketing materials and programs.
- Undertaking continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Is a perfectly fluent English speaker.
- Has at least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is an analytical thinker with a customer-centric mindset focused on fostering a long-lasting relationship with customers and enhancing their experience.
- Has the ability to prioritize, multitask and focus while adhering to strict project timelines and budgets.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Is experienced in managing multiple projects at a time.
- Is up to speed with current marketing techniques and best practices.
- Is committed to working in cross-functional teams.
You are an ideal candidate for Empatica if you:
- Know that life is too short to do petty things. You feel an obligation to work on something that will leave the world in a better place.
- Discuss openly face to face: good ideas are more important than authority.
- Try to question dogma and the status quo: you prefer merit and objectivity.
- Don’t give up a challenge, and persevere to overcome setbacks. You are focused on action and results.
- Think first about the success of our customers and team before your own interests.
- Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch equipment
- Flexible work hours
- Personal growth programs
- Free healthy lunch
- Amazing summer office in Sardinia
- Free cookies, if you deserve them