We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
We are looking for a seasoned copywriter to join our growing Marketing team in our Milan HQ. If you have a passion for words and creative thinking, if you understand the power that a single line of text can have in driving results, and possess an equally commercial mind, read on.
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
Your contribution to the mission
- Conceptualizing, developing, writing and producing compelling communications that resonate with our audience.
- Leading efforts in implementing the brand's tone of voice across all marketing channels.
- Assisting multiple areas of our company in developing and improving communication materials.
- Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to manage Empatica's editorial calendar.
- Working across teams to write copy for multiple products and campaign types with a seamless blend of creative and technical writing skills.
- Coordinating the content development efforts with the Design Team.
- Editing and proofreading copy in support of special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this role
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in English / Journalism / Communications or related discipline.
- Is a native English speaker.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a passion for words and creative thinking.
- Has worked previously as a copywriter or editor for at least 2 years.
- Has an eye for detail and a customer-centric mindset.
- Has a solid understanding of online content strategy, and preferably a strong knowledge of SEM.
- Is comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Is experienced in writing long-form content for blogs and websites.
- Is tech savvy and has the ability to quickly master new tools and platforms.
- Experience in Medical/Pharma industry is a plus.
The ideal candidate for Empatica
- Is a very quick learner
- Is a very quick learner (it’s not a typo)
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...