We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
As a CEO Assistant you will be to among the most dynamic and determined people in Empatica. You will be working tightly with Empatica’s CEO and co-founder, Matteo, granting you a front-row seat to a real-life entrepreneurship experience. You will be able to learn what execution and hustling means in a fast growing startup. This position is definitely not for everyone: it’s demanding, humbling and requires a lot of resilience. We can assure you it will not be an easy ride, but you will be repaid 10x for your efforts with the steepest learning curve you have ever experienced.
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
Your contribution to the mission
- Running our Milan offices like clockwork (e.g., liaise between all the offices, maintain assets and continuously develop them to serve us better)
- Managing our CEO’s extremely busy calendar, optimizing daily/weekly schedules for productivity and health (e.g., planning, trips, events and make sure he sleeps)
- Managing extremely high volume email inbox, triaging and prioritizing as necessary
- Taking care of last-minute special projects (e.g., product/company research, presentations, business modeling)
- Organizing events (e.g., conferences, the odd hackathon, company trips and events)
- Handling any task of all kinds that free up the CEO so he can focus on the big stuff
- Shaping this role according to your experience and learning objectives
The ideal candidate for Empatica
- Is a very quick learner
- Is a very quick learner (it’s not a typo)
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time and ability to travel
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...