Consumer Data Scientist
We are looking for a data-savvy and motivated self-starter to join our team. You will analyze and help solve challenging problems and build metrics in order to accelerate Empatica’s growth. As the first hire in the data science area for the marketing team, you will be involved in high-impact initiatives to obtain, analyze, and use data to scale our marketing efforts to new levels. You will have also the chance to tap into the knowledge of our experienced senior data scientists – they are working on our proprietary algorithms that, among many other things, are saving the lives of many epileptic patients every day.
You will be involved in:
- Conducting tests and data-driven analysis to improve our marketing strategy and identify actionable insights.
- Designing and developing automated reporting and online dashboard for the management team.
- Working cross-functionally with marketing, product and operations teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics.
- Getting actionable insights on user acquisition campaigns, monitor their performances, and adjust spending accordingly.
- Mining massive amounts of data and performing large-scale analysis, seeking new opportunities for growth.
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. You will face new challenges daily. Ah, did we tell you that your work may literally change the lives of many people?
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Studied in a quantitative field like Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics.
- Has SQL knowledge and the ability to leverage databases to derive data-driven insights into consumer behavior.
- Has experience with advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering and time series) and considerable knowledge of analytics tracking tools including MixPanel and Google Analytics.
- Has experience with R, Matlab or other statistical software would be a plus but is not required.
- Is insatiably curious to know the numbers and follow them to figure out impact on revenue and has a strong ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Has a penchant for data-driven decisions, ability to adapt to new or changing direction based on user feedback and market demands.
- Has past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly.
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...