We are looking for a scientifically rigorous and outspoken professional to join our team. You will be the chief detective in understanding our clients and make sure that we keep helping them. You will help level up the connection with our customers, starting by giving a new perspective on how we approach customer acquisition. You will work side by side with all of the other teams at Empatica to learn and improve how we interact with the people using our products. You will be required to add value to Empatica team’s complex set of skills, by making your voice heard by the operations, customer support, product and design teams. You’ll have the chance to study many different types of customers: from people mildly interested in our products to long time customers, from billion-dollar multinationals to young families, from tech-lovers to people that would rather ditch the smartphone (but need our products nonetheless). You will perform research activities using qualitative methods (e.g., in-depth interviews, focus groups, and observational studies) or quantitative methods (like surveys, online simulation experiments, concept testing, usability testing and A/B testing).
You will be involved in:
- Optimizing Empatica’s customer acquisition strategy by designing experiments and tests to improve conversion rates and minimize the acquisition costs.
- Understanding, defining and documenting needs and objectives for the customer experience.
- Analyzing the entire customer journey to discover the pain points and crafting strategies to raise the customer lifetime value.
- Selecting and implementing appropriate research activities and hypotheses, designing research instruments and methods according to the activity proposed.
- Developing plans to improve customer retention and reduce churn.
- Providing customer insights and key findings to support the Empatica teams to generate actionable insights related to customer needs.
- Leveraging existing market research information to develop meaningful, actionable market analysis that will shape and support a wide variety of initiatives.
Why work at EmpaticaAt Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. You will face new challenges daily. Ah, did we tell you that your work may literally change the lives of many people?
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Studied clinical psychology, behavioral economics or a comparable degree.
- Practice in clinical psychology in academia or research hospital, or a similar role in industry is a big plus.
- Is scientifically rigorous, know how to support the findings with data.
- Has a deep understanding of research methodologies and the context in which to apply different techniques.
- A strong understanding of statistics, and how to perform responsible analysis of large data sets.
- Is empathetic and curious to understand our users’ mindset and context of use.
- Has a proven track record in understanding customers and providing actionable insights.
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun, and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free healthy lunch – yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic Fresh Fruits
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Gym membership
- Massages every week
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...