Customer Happiness Manager
We're an affective computing company focused on human data analytics, with offices in Downtown Boston, MA and Milan, Italy.
Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA, designed to help prevent SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy).
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
Watch the recent TEDx talk delivered by our Co-Founder and Chief Scientist Rosalind Picard to learn more about the history of Empatica and what drives our commitment to great work: https://www.ted.com/talks/rosalind_picard_an_ai_smartwatch_that_detects_seizures_and_saves_lives
The new team player
We are looking for a leader who is personable, creative, self-driven, and metrics-oriented to drive our Customer Happiness team. You will be responsible for ensuring that our customer happiness team is ready to provide an excellent and effective service and our customers are as happy as possible and have the best experience with our products. As the leader of the Customer Happiness team you’ll make sure that the voice of Empatica towards customers is friendly and helpful and you'll represent the voice of our customers to the company. You’ll collect insights, problems, and solutions and communicate them to the team so that we can improve our products. You’ll contribute to Empatica’s complex set of skills by turning your creative ideas into executable plans while keeping your team on track. You should always be one step ahead by anticipating and embracing change.
You will be involved in:
- Training, coaching and mentoring to the customer happiness team in how to provide better support and delight our customers.
- Analyzing the entire customer journey to discover the pain points and crafting strategies to raise the customer lifetime value.
- Finding new ways to educate our customers about our products.
- Identifying and tackling complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with simple, original solutions.
- Providing customer insights and key findings to support the Empatica teams to generate actionable insights related to customer needs in order to bring the customer voice into the product roadmap and strategy.
- Setting the vision and direction of our Customer Happiness strategy.
- Using data to shed light on customer experience and improve support processes.
- Absorbing a percentage of support work (emails, phone calls, chat) to ensure your finger is always on the pulse and you understand the inner complexities of the work.
- Noting issues and feedback to help our team prioritize bug-fixing; tasks and feature requests.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure strategy and product is aligned with the clients’ needs and expectations.
- Anticipating and monitoring customer dissatisfaction and ensuring problems/issues are dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
Why work at Empatica
At Empatica you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where your impact will be recognizable from day one. You will face new challenges daily. Ah, did we tell you that your work may literally change the lives of many people?
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has at least 5 years of experience in managing, leading and training a team of Customer Happiness specialists.
- Has a proven track record in improving metrics throughout the whole customer journey and in the customer support processes.
- Is a star in supporting customers via multiple channels.
- Can plan, organize, and prioritize work - this role wears many hats!
- Is a technology nerd: likes to understand how and why things work they way they do. You love solving complex problems, and educating others.
- Is empathetic and curious to understand our users’ mindset and context of use.
- Has splendid communication skills and is fluent in English
- Is an relentless worker, proactive and doesn’t mind working in an ambiguous environment that is changing rapidly.
The ideal candidate for Empatica:
- Is a reliable and effective worker; working in a fast growing startup is not for everyone.
- Is creative, fun, and easy to work with.
- Is self-motivated, can excel in both unsupervised solo projects and in tight teamwork.
- Is passionate about our products and our mission, driven by customers’ needs.
- Has a growth mindset and learns quickly.
- Is a critical thinker and always questions dogma, status quo, and the conventional way of doing things.
- Competitive salary
- The position is based at our Milan HQ. We also have an office in Boston, plus an amazing beach summer office in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...